All industrial activities require licensing, so as to guarantee not only public health protection, safety and hygiene in the workplace and the safety of people and goods, but also to guarantee that land is appropriately managed and that the environment is protected through pollution prevention and reducing the hazard level of pollution.

The licensing of commercial establishments is currently, as a general rule, under the exclusive jurisdiction of local government. The issue of construction licenses and licenses of use, for private works, is governed by legislation, particularly town planning and building legislation and regulations.

Some business activities requiring licensing:

  • Road Transport of Goods;
  • Travel and Tourism Agencies;
  • Real Estate Agents;
  • Motor Vehicles for Hire Industry;
  • Temporary Work Companies;
  • Private Security;
  • Nursery Schools;
  • Vocational Training Schools;
  • Driving Instruction Schools;
  • Nursing Activities;
  • Catering and Drinks Establishments;
  • Veterinary Clinics Kindergartens;
  • Day Centres;
  • Home Support Services;
  • Free-time Activity Centres;
  • Homes for Children / the Disabled / the Elderly;
  • Management of Sports Facilities.