By using this website you are agreeing with our cookie use policy. For more information please see our privacy and cookie use policy.

Schedule a web call

Schedule a web call

Fill in your details and we will contact you to schedule the call
* Required fields

All industrial activities require licensing, so as to guarantee not only public health protection, safety and hygiene in the workplace and the safety of people and goods, but also to guarantee that land is appropriately managed and that the environment is protected through pollution prevention and reducing the hazard level of pollution.

The licensing of commercial establishments is currently, as a general rule, under the exclusive jurisdiction of local government. The issue of construction licenses and licenses of use, for private works, is governed by legislation, particularly town planning and building legislation and regulations.


Some business activities requiring licensing:

  • Road Transport of Goods;
  • Travel and Tourism Agencies;
  • Real Estate Agents;
  • Motor Vehicles for Hire Industry;
  • Temporary Work Companies;
  • Private Security;
  • Nursery Schools;
  • Vocational Training Schools;
  • Driving Instruction Schools;
  • Nursing Activities;
  • Catering and Drinks Establishments;
  • Veterinary Clinics Kindergartens;
  • Day Centres;
  • Home Support Services;
  • Free-time Activity Centres;
  • Homes for Children / the Disabled / the Elderly;
  • Management of Sports Facilities.

How we help our clients

NEWCO is an inward investment services provider specialized in the implementation of foreign investment in Portugal and Malta. With 30 years of experience and know how, we help our clients maximize the opportunities and minimize the risks of operating in a new country, allowing them to stay focused on their business. Contact us to find out how we can help you invest or relocate into Portugal, including Madeira, or Malta.

Contact us