Ao utilizar este website está a concondar com a nossa política de uso de cookies. Para mais informações consulte a nossa política de privacidade e uso de cookies, onde poderá desactivar os mesmos.

Schedule a web call

Schedule a web call

Fill in your details and we will contact you to schedule the call
* Required fields

Any entity that receives income that is taxable in Malta must be registered with the Malta Inland Revenue Department. Registration is simple and based on information pertaining to company in question. By using the registration number, it is possible to determine whether it is an individual/natural person or a collective person.

Taxpayers that no longer earn a taxable income in Malta need only request a cancellation of their registration. This department will undertake cancellation after checking that all tax returns have been submitted and all tax debts have been settled. The taxpayer must submit all tax returns up until the time registration is cancelled, even if he does not earn any taxable income.

Tax returns must be submitted by the companies at the latest:

  • 9 months after the end of the accounting period; 
  • by 31 March of the year following the end of the accounting year.

If this time period coincides with a public holiday the deadline shall be the next business day.

The tax authorities usually grant deadline extensions for returns submitted online -- this option must be verified each year.

In order to submit its tax returns, the company must prepare audited financial statements, and keep all documentation on file, which will be made available to the tax office upon request.

How we help our clients

NEWCO is an inward investment services provider specialized in the implementation of foreign investment in Portugal and Malta. With 30 years of experience and know how, we help our clients maximize the opportunities and minimize the risks of operating in a new country, allowing them to stay focused on their business. Contact us to find out how we can help you invest or relocate into Portugal, including Madeira, or Malta.

Contact us