Since it joined the European Union in 2004, Malta has been highly spoken of for the best reasons: the country has seen strong economic growth and has come through the economic crisis practically unscathed, unlike other EU countries. It has been evaluated positively by various international rating agencies and it has been cited as an example to follow within the European Union.
With a privileged geographical location that helps it serve as bridge between the markets of Europe, Africa and the Middle East, a solid and consistent strategy that attracts foreign investment, a stable macroeconomic environment, conservative banking system, and a robust regulatory framework, Malta has been able to attract more and more investors who wish to optimize their international operations, benefitting from the following advantages:
– European Union country with a solid economy and robust financial system;
– Competitive and flexible tax regime;
– Exemption from withholding tax on distribution and payment of dividends, interest and royalties;
– One of the most inclusive participation exemption in the EU;
– Qualified, bilingual labour force that boasts advanced knowledge of other languages;
– Attractive to foreign human resources;
– Low operating costs;
– Strong but flexible and business friendly administrators and regulators.
Download our brochure on Malta to find out more about these advantages and understand how they apply to optimizing international operations in various business sectors.